![]() |
| Backyard, Blacksburg, VA- Jan 19, 2011 |
The shape of the chittering birds-
in the undeniable shape of a robin.
They are back- swirling and swooping and chittering. I have been noticing a few more birds everyday. As I started out on my walk and saw quite a multitude in the tops of the trees- and that was nice. As I returned home the ruckus was audible from a block away. My holly trees were filled with robins. My pond was a spa and my birdbath a watering hole. A lovely noise that pushes away the cold spots in my life.




Oh my. It seems so soon, but they must know more than we do about the weather still to come. If they're smart they will stay south for a while longer:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy reminder that Spring will be here. Send a few of those feathered friends up North, this way!
ReplyDeleteWe haven't seen many robins yet, so it was very nice of you to share yours with us.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photos. The American robin is larger than ours in the UK and very colourful as your photos show! I didn't realize that they migrated. We have ours all year round and it's lovely listening to their singing particularly at this time of year when the days are growing longer!
ReplyDelete