Saturday, January 22, 2011

Like Magic

Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg VA- Jan 22, 2011



The rush of frigid January air 
cleared the fuzzy remnants
of an afternoon spent at the stuffy furniture store.


A River of Stones- a 30 day challenge in observation


Well it has turned cold again-my poor migrating robins! 

On another note my dear traveling husband is home this weekend. He had 5 things on his list to get done- we can only remember 4.  The ones we remember are: determine why tire sensor in his car is always on, make my new phone global ready, shop for a couch, buy a new ski boot bag and... we just cannot remember.  I contend that he wanted me to locate my ski gear - but he insists that was an addendum to the list. At any rate I am still not global -but all else was accomplished. Well almost -while checking the tires he may have discovered/caused one of the valves are faulty. Hmmmm

My list consisted of just getting stuff done. (Laundry, residual Christmas decoration removal, ironing -yes I iron, attempting to find when the Australian Open was on-no luck, and looking for a new couch.) 

The most pressing by far was looking for a new couch. We have made several failed attempts over the past 3 years. And today was do or don't come home. 
 
So we lounged, laughed, and  lingered A LOT.  We came home with fabric samples.  We are currently auditioning the samples on the old couch.  Pepper made her choice- somehow  she pulled down one of the samples and used it like a blanket.  I think that is the one we will go with. If we are lucky we may have a new couch by next Thursday.  Here's to all your weekend endeavors - may they all be magical.



8 comments:

  1. It's always fun picking out a new piece of furniture and sprucing up a room's decor. Enjoy! With temps in the teens here, we're lighting a fire in the fireplace later on and just staying home ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken and I had that kind of day yesterday with errands, shopping, and a long lunch. We weren't in search of anything as exciting as a new couch, though. Maybe the last item on the list is to watch the play-off games today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets things that are on the To-Do list. It was nice of Pepper to help you decide on the material for your new couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your word pictures are quite as lovely as your photography!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne- Staying home will be what we do when we have a new couch. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon- sounds like a great weekend to me. We never did figure out what the last item was. I hope it was not important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. George- Peppers decision was over ruled once we saw the samples on a sunny day. Tomorrow I go place the order for a new couch- Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indybev- Thank so much for stopping by- I appreciate your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.