![]() |
Sept, 6 2006
Today feels like a basket full of hope-
newborn
my dreams still slumber
but my heart sees them and smiles
Today's post will be done before my walk today. I knew that I would be busy this evening - with my quilting group of 20 + years. So I decided to post early.
By posting early I am hoping to get to bed before 11PM. I need my rest... The traveling husband is taking me to Switzerland on Saturday for a week - and then onto the island of Cyprus in the Mediterranean. I am uncharacteristically exited--(usually it's, "bah travel- I would rather stay home.") But first I have to pack- well put the stuff in my suitcase. Hmmm.
Why the baby photo? I have a mommy and infant photo session tomorrow- I look forward to photographing such a special time. As I look at photos for inspiration I found myself remembering my own children as babies, the love bursting out, the awe, the fear. I was struck how I am feeling a lot of those same feelings now.Not about the photo session- I love those.
I would like to have a concise reason for these feelings- but I don't have one yet.
I would like to have a concise reason for these feelings- but I don't have one yet.

That sounds like a beautiful trip you'll be taking. What inspiration you'll see for your photography and creativity! Very exciting :)
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting too how you prepare for a photo shoot, to almost get "in the zone" in a way. I'd imagine feeling your own connections from the past help you to understand the subject matter well?
A stunning photo- a photo that speaks to the full promise to come, a journey, an adventure, the unknown. A little like travel- wishing you a fabulous trip (I'm a little envious). Be safe!
ReplyDeleteNow that's the way to usher in February! Have a good time. Safe travels ~
ReplyDeleteHave been going through a number of your past entries. So meaningful and your photography
ReplyDeleteis wonderfull. Enjoy your traveling time..
I love your baby photo. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I'm sure you'll have a great time and the chance to take lots of photos and to write.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo and I am totally and completely envious of your trip(s)! How exciting! I'll look forward to experiencing those countries through your eyes and the lens of your camera!
ReplyDeleteSOOOO beautiful! I cannot wait to see photos from your trip. Enjoy and relax!!! HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the group hug here - there may be a number of these for the next week or two-THANK YOU ALL for you wonderful comments- I really have a full basket! ((((xoxo ))))) hugs - teri
ReplyDelete