Ceiling of the deck room, Blacksburg, VA- Jan 14, 2011
Laying prone on the unvacuumed floor, she felt flat as piece of cold black slate. Breathing in she could hear the purr of the heat pump, the whir of an automatic timer, a slight rattle of a heat duct and the sigh of her dog, all with great clarity. Breathing out, they all moved away -like a train pulling out of a station.
There is nothing like laying on the floor in the middle of the afternoon- and then doing it again at 10:30 at night so I can remember what I wanted to say about it. I was following yesterdays kind suggestions from my yoga teacher. The body has so much to say - but right now I need to give it the sleep it needs. Today was a good day - I could go on about it- but you will just have to take my word for it. Blessings from the floor.

yup, laying on a floor will do that for you ...especially when it is unvacumed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice ceiling with that orange and blue. When you are down there atleast it is just not white like in my house.
Interesting viewpoint, which is also the one you'd have before falling off to sleep ... Happy Saturday to you :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a intriguing capture. I clicked on it to get a closer look. I bet your deck is a nice respite!
ReplyDeleteLast night, after I got home from work and had a really hectic week at work, I sprawled out on the floor too. My baby boys climbed all over me and made all my stress drain away!
Cynnie-
ReplyDeleteWell I have a cleaned up room and rug today. Yippee.... As for the colors it took me 20 years to break out of painting walls white and there has been no turning back.
CM- Oh what a sweet image I have of you and your boys rolling around on the floor. I would be snapping photos of that for sure!! Your boys are very blessed to have you as a mom.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid if I got down on the floor I wouldn't be able to get back up!
ReplyDeleteGeorge- You crack me up!! You get down pretty low when you take all those flower shots in the spring!
ReplyDeletexo
Teri
So glad you had a good day. Sometimes I lay down on the floor to make the world stop while I take it all in ~
ReplyDeleteSharon- And just think we are giving the floors a break from being walked all over. Take it all in and then let it all out- :-)
ReplyDelete