Applebee's - Christiansburg VA-Mar 10, 2010
With the Easy Geezers...
I mean the Easy Piecers
My New River Valley quilt group
has been around
has been around
since the 1980's.
I am not a charter member
but we have a few members that are.
Each month we get together
at each others homes to pass our projects and laugh.
We have been doing that for the past 20 years.
I am not a charter member
but we have a few members that are.
Each month we get together
at each others homes to pass our projects and laugh.
We have been doing that for the past 20 years.
WELL we have gone out on a limb -
We are not going to pass projects anymore.
Call us crazy.
(I have been on sabbatical for at least 3 years-
but since they are the Easy piecers
they still let me come.)
but since they are the Easy piecers
they still let me come.)
Now each month
we will take turns submitting a block design.
Most of our patterns
will come from one of Judy Martins books.
She has written several quilt patten bibles.
will come from one of Judy Martins books.
She has written several quilt patten bibles.
Then we will go home and each make that block-
The twist right now
is we must incorporate
the fabrics given to us
by a long time member who just recently moved away.
is we must incorporate
the fabrics given to us
by a long time member who just recently moved away.
We all went to Applebee's last week
- just because.
- just because.
And one of our members had been very productive.
Showing us
that yes we could get these fabrics into a block!
Showing us
that yes we could get these fabrics into a block!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.