`
Sun room, Blacksburg , VA - created Dec 2011- Jan 2012
I am really enjoying these layers. I suppose now I should take a class - or at least research how to do it on line. Yes, I tend to need to figure things out on my own before I can be ready to listen to instructions.
About this image: There are 6 photos layered into this image. Three are taken with my cell phone and processed in photoshop3. The other three photos are taken with my Canon 5D (including the main photo of my lovely daughter-in-law, playing her huge upright bass. She is a music teacher for elementary school children in Nashville TN. She tries to learn a new instrument every few years... this year it is the cello. She was sitting in our sunny sun room, still in her PJ's, practicing when I snapped this photo. (Yes she brought the celloe and several other instruments with her over Christmas.)

That's an incredibly lovely photo - and your daughter -in-law is lovely as well :). I didnt know you could even layer photos-the effect is really really nice
ReplyDeleteAnother winner here...I hope your daughter in law frames this beauty.
ReplyDeleteI would love to be a music teacher but learning a NEW instrument sounds even more fun. So that means the whole time she was at your house you had live music in the background....coooool.
I forgot to say I love the effects to the room below too. If walls could talk...I love old houses.
Amazing Teri!!! Please stop by my blog, I have something waiting there for you:-)
ReplyDeleteI read the title of your post in my reader and immediately thought, "I see color" as I clicked on your blog. Your photography is a gift of color, and this photo is amazing...a musician lost in her music, surrounded by rainbows and reflections.
ReplyDelete...and someday, Teri, I will understand the magic of photography. Your daughter is a beautiful young lady, and you've layered this piece masterfully. It's a wonderful addition to our collection of musical things this week. Thanks for participating!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen layered photography before (not that I recognized anyway). This is beautiful. Do more!
ReplyDeleteit's so beauiful!! love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI really like what you've done to create this image. I really need to learn how to do things like this.
ReplyDeleteYou have done a marvelous job, Teri. Bravo.
ReplyDeleteI see her passion in the photo! I really like the layered effect. May try that myself, Teri. I've been experimenting a bit, too.
ReplyDeleteI think I know how you’re excited with layering of photos. You have a refined taste. I like the way your daughter-in-law is absorbed in playing the music. I hear the music and feel breeze and sunlight in a bit surreal scene of this. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteAll those layers turned this into a fabulous piece of art. Your daughter-in-law is beautiful, too.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed creating this image...and all your comments have been a really nice addition.Thank you.
ReplyDeleteGreat image, Teri! I can feel the warmth of the room, and the intensity of her concentration.
ReplyDelete