Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Curving into the New Year


And so begins 2013.  For the past two years I have chosen a word that I danced with for the rest of the year. In 2011 my word was balance, in 2012 my word was pause. What I have found is the word I choose evolves and expands. It challenges and comforts, it reaches the boundaries where it becomes another word completely. It is a wonderful dance.~


 1987 Hiwassee, VA
With friends~
When my children were young~

 With a few days of thought and several trial fittings with other words, my dancing partner this year is the word curves. I was drawn to the idea of a ladle, the way it curves and holds so gently, whatever liquid it is transferring. It is within the curve of the ladle things settle and safely move at the same time. So there we have it~ curves. Like the curve of the smile on my face, I am ready for the new year.


 Caboose Park, Blacksburg, VA  1986




Glorify God
"So is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose tor which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

 O Lord, Your love knows no bounds! May Your precious words fill my thoughts and life. Let me always hold firmly to Your hand.
     Thank You for comforting me in mourning so that I can see rainbows through my tears. Thank You for placing a hunger and thirst for righteousness in  my soul so that I can live well and do good each day.
    Help me be compassionate towards others also that I can truly serve them in love. Then I will not fail to find Your mercy.

Grace for Each Moment~ Compiled by Kylie Munger from the following devotionals by Solly Ozrovech: The Abundant Life, Face to Face, The Voice behind You and A Shelter from the Storm. 









22 comments:

  1. "Curves" - an unusual choice, but as I think more deeply, it holds many meanings. I'll enjoy seeing how you apply it this year, Teri. I love the red dirt "curving" away in that first "old" photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do with your word for this year and the dances it leads to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sighed when I read your description of how the word you choose evolves and expands, challenges and comforts. I love the idea of a wonderful dance and "curves" sounds like a worthy dance partner for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- Curve does allow for the feeling of comfort. So many wonderful things curve. I wish I new how to dance. xo teri

      Delete
  4. Teri, may this year be simply good to you!!!
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word...I have begun this tradition, as well..in process with letting my word choose me! Happy 2013, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda- I look forward to walking through this year with you and your word. xo teri

      Delete
  6. I love the idea that your word dances with you and I appreciate how curve can take so many wonderful forms

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful word...I love it. I hope your year is filled with many curves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creative choice, Teri. Curves are so appealing to the eye and you have taken their symbolism and applied it to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting word, it has so much potential. I like curves better in rigid squares, so much more calming. Enjoy your dance this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like the way your word -boundary, is set in a curve. There is blessing in the curve. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful word and lovely pictures! Hope this year will be a good year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting choice! beautiful photos...happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a BEautimous word indeed. I love the possibilities in it. I love its hope and generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally unexpected word but I like it and your thoughts behind the choice. Loved the photo of the curves in the road. Wishing you much happiness and learning in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really interesting choice of words. I shall be very interested to see how is grows with you, words are so fascinating

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an interesting and challenging word this is! Will be interested to hear more of your experience with this word. Blessings to you.... in this year of curves

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curves, roads to travel, leaning into new possibilities...Great winter photo for a keepsake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Teri! Am working toward retirement gradually, but hope to cut down in April, and then in a year a little more. HAve a lot of flexibility as a nurse practitioner with hours, so will probably work a little bit for ?? Just am really anxious to stop full time and move down to a more doable , age friendly schedule. By the way, love your scripture that you shared and will check out the devotionals. Blessings to you in the new year. Think I will join your blog and keep track of you. So here i am, your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 2013! I think you picked a wonderful word for your year. Just keep that curve up and not down!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was great to read all these comments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.