Sunday, September 18, 2011

Little Things

`
 New Smyrna Beach, FL-Sept.14, 2011


What we leave behind is as telling as what we find.




It has been a long three weeks, a wonderful three weeks, a full three weeks. With my husband off in distant lands I spent time immersing myself in the glass jarred world of canning. The full jars still sit waiting for a home. And just as the cool air of fall was creeping into mornings in Blacksburg I jetted off on the "cheaper than a week of groceries" flight to endless summer in Florida. And it was heavenly!
I remember how sad I was 4 years ago when my friend said she was moving away to Florida. She was going back -maybe pragmatic and ready and maybe a bit unsure. I was staying and was bravely miserable.That year was thick with shifting sands and unsure footing.  It was a time when letting go was all I had to do.
  

9 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. Your small stones seem full of shifting sand and sadness lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous shot of the beach...yes, Florida here I come:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, I'm so glad you had a chance to visit your friend:)

    Letting go ~ I am not as brave or as graceful as you. I long for a time when the sands are not constantly shifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Annette thank you for your words of concern and for being so intuitive. I find having two blogs is allows the two sides of me breathe. And you are right many of my small stones have a heaviness about them. I feel at peace once I set them down on paper. Thank you for stopping by! xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynnie- your gift arrived today- I am speechless. May your trip fill you with enough to carry you through your upcoming busy season. xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Inger-M - nice to see you here- xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon- it is funny but the letting go never feels very graceful for me. And it is less about being brave and more about avoiding my fear of being caught being still.xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sissy Clytie often speaks of how much she loves your blog.

    I thought you'd like to know that this morning she was rushed into emergency. Sissy is in the hospital with a heart blockage. They'll do an angiogram tomorrow to find out where the blockage is, then they'll put a stint in. Please pray for her complete recovery. She is such a beloved Friend and Sister. The world would be a sad place without her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth- She is in my prayers- I will email you shortly...xo teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy and welcome your comments. On most occasions I will reply here. But if you would rather connect via email, just let me know.

Let's see ...



T
hanks for being here.